Frequently Asked Questions
Can you guarantee overnight delivery?
Yes, we offer SAME or NEXT DAY guaranteed delivery to all of our Tennessee customers.
See disclaimer below.
Disclaimer: Orders must be placed by 2pm cutoff time to guarantee next day delivery. Any orders placed on Friday after the 2pm cutoff time, Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until the following Monday. We advise shipping directly to the funeral home as residential delivery could delay transit time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.
Why are your caskets priced so much lower than the funeral home?
Unfortunately, not a lot of families are educated about the fact that a casket can be purchased from an outside source. Therefore, upon walking into a funeral home, family’s are under the impression that the ONLY place to buy a casket would be from the funeral home. They think that the outrageous prices for caskets are the actual going rates, when in all actuality, they’re not. We offer very discounted prices because we don’t mark our caskets up as much as the funeral homes, which could sometimes be up to 500 percent more!
Can you guarantee the quality of the casket?
Yes, we at Tennessee Caskets go through an extensive quality control process at the factory to ensure our caskets are of the highest quality. We package our caskets with 8 layers of packaging to ensure that the casket arrives in mint condition. We offer a return or exchange policy if you are not satisfied with the casket. Please refer to our return policy.
How come the funeral home does not recommend buying a casket online?
Quite frankly, the funeral homes do not want you to purchase anything related to a funeral online because it takes directly business away from them. However, with the growing number of customers exploring the option of online casket purchasing, the “steering” of a customer to funeral home provided funeral necessities has reduced over the past couple years.
What if the funeral home will not accept the casket?
According to Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule (https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0300-ftc-funeral-rule) , to encourage fair trade and protection for the consumers, the funeral homes have no choice but to accept any caskets you chose whether from a third party vendor or not. Moreover, they cannot institute any extra fees or costs to accept caskets from a third party vendor.
If I purchase a casket from an outside source, is it necessary to inform the funeral home?
Under the guidelines of the FTC Funeral Rule mentioned above, it is not necessary to mention your intent to search elsewhere for funeral necessities. By law they have to show you a GPL (General Price List) of the products and services they offer and the prices of each. Once you see what they have to offer, then you may choose to inform them of your intent. While not required, it would be common courtesy to inform them of your decision.
Can I buy the casket for later use?
Yes, you may buy a casket for later use. However, we do not recommend it. We understand there are exceptions based on an individual’s circumstances. We offer a 6 months storage and free delivery to your destination.
Do you sell caskets for cremation?
Yes, we offer caskets for cremation. Scroll over “Fine Wood Caskets” in the top categories and click on “Cremation Caskets” in the drop down menu.
What does the “gauge” number refer to?
It refers to the thickness of the steel. The lower the gauge, the thicker the steel is. 18 gauge metal is thicker than 20 gauge metal, hence the occasional price increase.
What is a sealer or gasket casket?
It is a rubber seal on the gasket to keep water and air out. It has not been proven that a gasket sealer can slow the decomposition of a body. However, a gasket sealer may be required if transporting the deceased across state line or transporting by air, sea, or train. All of our 18 gauge and most 20 gauge metal caskets come with the rubber gasket sealer at no additional charge.
What kind of packaging do you use?
Our caskets are packaged in a Styrofoam contoured cardboard box, which is then put in a plywood box. This packaging is made specifically to prevent any type of damage when loading and unloading the casket. Please note, very few funeral homes require the customer or transportation company to dispose the packaging of the delivered casket. If the funeral home has such a requirement, please do not be worried.
Customers have 2 choices:
- Do it yourself – At the time of delivery, take away packaging and dispose it yourself. The packaging is a cardboard box (can be folded up) and styrofoam (can be easily cut or broken into pieces). The packaging can then be taken away and desposed of.
- The delivery company can take packaging away for a $35 fee. Please let us know at the time of purchase if you require the packaging disposal service (This service may not be available for some areas. Customer will not be charged for this service until we have confirmed the packaging has been disposed by the delivery company.)
Please note: If Tennessee Caskets has not been informed prior to the purchsae about the disposal requirement, we cannot instruct the driver to take away packaging.
Is ordering a casket online a complex process?
Our online ordering process is quite simple. Simply browse our catalog of caskets for whatever suits your choice. Should you have any questions, our toll free Customer Service Center is open 24/7 to provide assistance with any inquiries you may have. We accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and also offer interest-free financing for 6 months. Please do not hesitate to ask about our special financing program. Our Customer Service Center will contact you immediately after you place your order to confirm all the necessary details. We will then contact the funeral home you designate to coordinate timely delivery.
What differentiates you from other online casket dealers?
We at Tennessee Caskets are dedicated to treating our customers and orders with the utmost respect and urgency. Our friendly and helpful representatives at our Customer Service Center will guide you through every step of the way. Our interest-free financing program is easy to apply for and significantly lessens the burdens imposed while arranging a funeral.
Do you make oversized caskets?
Yes, we offer oversized caskets.
Do you serve various groups with special customs & traditions?
Yes, Tennessee Caskets is committed to serving people of all race, color, creed, or religion. We offer many different casket options that are acceptable to wherever your beliefs may lie
- I understand that you offer outstanding prices for caskets, but is the quality just as exceptional?
- Yes. We have embraced a balance that allows us to deliver incredible, high-quality caskets at the lowest prices available. We have models in 18- gauge steel, hardwood, and veneer. Interiors are rendered in high-quality fabric. The designs are sturdy, tasteful, and dignified. We are quite proud of our products, and our customers are enthusiastic in their support.
- For air transport, can I transport the casket from the airport myself?
- Yes you may transport the casket from the airport yourself to save on courier expenses.. You will need to have a suitable vehicle to transport such as a cargo van or a pickup truck with cargo restraints. Please contact us to coordinate pickup arrangements.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- At Tennessee Caskets, we accept all major credit cards, debit cards, bank wire, personal checks, money orders, or online payment via PayPal. We also provide financing option with PayPal Bill Me Later. Please contact us for more details.
- Once I have ordered a casket, do I have an opportunity to change my mind?
- Please see our return policy for more information.
- What kinds of details will I have to oversee once I submit my order?
- We know that you have a lot on your mind, so we do our best to ensure that you do not have to worry about the details of your order. We will arrange all the details of transport, both air and ground. We’ll get your order to your funeral home on-time, every time. We will also coordinate delivery with the funeral home – there is no need for you to be there. We will handle all the work so you can concentrate on what is important to you.
- How large is a typical casket?
- The exterior measurements of the most common size for a casket are about 24″ deep, 27-1/2″ to 30-1/2″ wide, and 81″ in length.
- If there are any problems with my order, when are you available to contact?
Our Customer Service Center can be contacted 24 hours a day at (866)620-8672.
We are here to be of service to you.